My top 5 achievements ...
So you may think with my title that I am really digging myself these days.... If only that were the case! I laid in the fetal position, in my toddlers bed about a week ago, called my mom, and sobbed about my not so horrible life at all!!! The past three years we have started a tradition of going to Lake Powell over Labor Day, and it is adults only. I cannot lie it is the funnest trip ever!! As I laid in the bed, I told my mom i'm not going to go because the thought of even entertaining a swimsuit made me want to vomit! My mom being the angel she is, of course said all the right things, which of course brought me to more tears, to laughs, and probably full circle back to tears. She probably feels like a broken record, but she repeatedly has to remind me, "JayCee YOU ARE HAVING TWINS!" I know its supposed to make me feel better, but guess what it doesn't, but then she says this, "JayCee remember we prayed for this..." This is the comment that of course brings me back to tears. You are probably wondering why I have just told you this... I tell you this because it brings me to not my first, but for sure my most recent achievement.....
- Being pregnant with TWINS! Your probably thinking, WOW thats not much of an achievement, and your not even finished yet.... which are both very true.... But the last 19 weeks have rocked my world! Emotionally and physically and I'm still standing, and that to me is an accomplishment. There have been so many days where I have wanted to just throw in the towel, give up, but I have had to keep going. Right when I think I cannot take anymore pain, sickness, or even depression from these crazy hormones, I remember what my mom says, "JayCee we prayed for this." I did pray for it, and I am so thankful for it, and I hope one day in the future I can look at these two beautiful girls, and call them too an achievement of mine!
- I am grateful for the career I have been able to have at such a young age. It a has been a true blessing in my life. I decided at a very young age that I wanted to go to cosmetology school, and I stuck to it. I have been able to support our family, which allows Justin to go to school full time. I love my job because it gives me the opportunity to make my own hours and be my own boss, which allows me to be the thing I really want to be a mom.
- I have a Husband who loves me and I love him. This accomplishment may seem silly and obvious, but it is something I treasure. Justin is my biggest fan, he laughs at me, he supports me, he does laundry and dishes, and he tells me I am beautiful nearly everyday. These again may seem simple, but they are what make me happy and continue to love him back for the past five years.
- I have learned how to keep my house tidy. This achievement has taken some years, but I feel like I am finally there. I cannot say the same for my car.... Just ask my husband... but my house is for the majority pretty clean, and I love it! I just feel so much happiness from it! I remember thinking when I grew up that a clean house was just how it was supposed to be and that it was easy. I now tip my hat to my mom, as I know now it is not easy and it is a constant thing you must be doing all the time, but it is totally worth it!
- My last and may be my greatest achievement to me so far, is being a mom to Jonesy! She brings me more joy than I could ever imagine. I constantly catch myself rattling off about her, telling funny stories, that are probably just funny to me, but seriously I love her! I'm so proud of her and she is only 3!!! Every time she does something new or reaches another milestone I catch myself beaming! I feel so lucky and blessed to be able to have the gift of motherhood! Who knows I may be completely screwing her up, but in my eyes she is greatest treasure and that is all that matters!