5 WAYS TO MAKE YOU AS A MOM FEEL HAPPY
Dress- c/o Mindy Mae's Market
Plaid Shirt (similar)- Nordstrom
Necklace- c/o Made by Mary
Watch- c/0 Daniel Wellington
Where my mom's at??? This one is for you. As I laid in bed the other night by myself (Christian was out of town) I thought to myself, what makes me happy? As a mom it is so important that we remember that we need happiness as well. I find that most the mom's I know are always making sure everyone else around them is happy, but are they? For myself I find that if I am happy, I am a better mom. Here are some things that make me feel happy.
- Always make time for yourself. Whether it be a bath, a pedicure, or a long drive for diet coke :). I find that when I do go out by myself, I come back refreshed and ready to take on anything. When I am by myself I have time to think, without being interrupted by a child or my husband, though I LOVE them dearly.
- Reading a book with my boys. This is the silliest most simple thing, but it really brings me joy. I love having them sit in my lap cuddled up, while so intently listening to every word I say. No matter how many times we have read it, or what time of the day it is, I know that a book will solve most problems.
- Getting ready for the day. We hate it sometimes right? But after it's all said and done, you know you feel better! Doing your hair, picking out a cute outfit, throwing on a pair of heels if your feeling really snappy?! It's always makes me feel better.
- Going on a date with my hubby. I know we have talked about this before, but I promise that date night is the best thing for my marriage. With Christian at school 24/7, and me working and being mom the other hours, Saturday night date night is something I look forward to every week. Something about having time to hold his hand, or simply looking at him across the table without having a grape launched in my face. (I promise I really love my kids haha)
- Being with other women who build me up. My girlfriends are so important to me. There is nothing I love more than doing a girls dinner with my friends and staying up till all hours of the night drinking diet coke and binging on anything in the pantry :|. There are just some things that girls can talk about with other girls that builds you up and makes you feel better about yourself.
What makes you happier mom?
Kenzi [show_shopthepost_widget id="1930327"]