Top 10 Fun Things to Do in Las Vegas for Families
I have lived in Las Vegas/Henderson since I was 13. If I had a dime for every time someone asked me how I was raised in such a crazy place I would be a lot richer! The funny thing is, as a child I didn't even know that it was weird to be raised in Las Vegas. It seemed normal to me, I never went on the strip, and I lived a very normal childhood. I totally think that you can bring your family to Vegas, and here is what you should do...
10 FUN THINGS TO DO IN LAS VEGAS
WITH YOUR FAMILY
- Hike Red Rock: First off I want to mention that I am in no way a "nature girl!" However when I would tell people I had never hiked Red Rock and I had lived here for 12+ years they looked at me like I was crazy, so I went ahead and made the journey! Totally worth it...and absolutely gorgeous...yes the desert can be beautiful!
- Roller Coasters/ Rides: As cliche as it sounds some of my favorite rides to date...even in my 30's are on the strip. The "Big Shot" at the Stratosphere is seriously the most thrilling thing I have ever done. The "New York, New York" roller coaster is so fun and one of those you can ride 15 times in a row.
- The Discovery Children's Museum: Imagine the largest playroom/ play place ever and this is it. From learning about gravity to playing dress up and creating plays there is something for every child.
- Cowabunga Bay: If you visit during the warm months, which are a lot, this is the place for you. A water park for all ages!
- Mount Charleston: Just a short 45 minute drive from Henderson and you feel like you are in another state. It's beautifully green and almost always 30 degrees cooler. Beautiful camp sites, hikes, bike riding and so much more.
- TownSquare Playground: If mom or dad want to shop and you have the littles, TownSquare is a great place. My kids love to play on the large playground, and they have a splash pad as well!
- The High Roller at the Linq: This is a newer attraction on the Strip, but one of my kids favorites. It's basically a massive ferris wheel that takes you high above the casinos. Afterwards don't forget to stop by for a Sprinkle Cupcake!
- Lake Mead: Whether your there to fish or rent a boat and go out on the lake, it's always a hit for my kids!
- Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay: By boys LOVE this place, no matter how many times we go they are still enthralled by all the animals.
- Container Park: A little gem in the middle of downtown. The entire park is made up of shipping containers. There are cute restaurants, live music on weekends, a huge playground and cute shops.
What about you? What are your favorite things to do in Las Vegas? Let me know in a comment below!