Everyone knows that sleeping and a new little baby can be very difficult. I had heard so many great things about "The Snoo" before I had Banks and I knew I wanted to try it with him. I have to admit I was a little hesitant in trying out the Snoo solely because I didn't want my baby to get used to the swaying and not transition well into his own crib. Because of this I decided to nap my baby in his crib and sleep at night in the Snoo. This worked out really well for us!
Things I love about The Snoo:
I love the wrap inside of the Snoo, I used many wraps with my first two babies and this is hands down my favorite. Keeps them snug, but not too hot.
It's beautiful to look at, and not an eye sore in my room.
- When turned on, white noise plays so I don't also have to have a sound machine on.
- It's SUPER safe, the wrap snaps in to the Snoo so that your baby can not roll over. If you are a nervous mom this is the bassinet for you!
The Snoo - Things to be Aware of :
- It is heavy, and not really able to travel with you. So if planning to travel it won't be able to come with you.
- Price...It is expensive, however it is well worth it if you have a baby who is struggling to sleep!
- Transfer to crib- I actually thought this would be the most difficult part and was my one big concern in trying the Snoo out. To my surprise Banks had no problem transitioning out.
- Make sure you order a couple extra sheets and wraps because if they ever spit up or have a blow out in the middle of the night you will have a back up!
- When on the Snoo rocks back and forth, to help with him not getting use to this I only turned this on during naps. Then if he got really upset in the night I would turn it on.
Needless to say, the Snoo is amazing, and if I had a baby that wouldn't sleep or was colicky it would seriously be a lifesaver!