5 Holiday Traditions that Cost Little to No Money!
During the Holidays it sometimes can feel like all you do is spend money! I'm not just talking about the gifts we buy for one another. I feel like even with some of the Holiday traditions we try to up keep, it still requires you to open your wallet and swipe your card again and again and again! I have gathered a few Holiday traditions that cost minimal money, and some that require none at all! Hope you are being able to enjoy this Holiday season, amongst the constant swiping of the "CARD!"
1. A Holiday tradition that I love is watching all the cheesy Christmas movies, on the Hallmark channel! They are the cheesiest things ever, an still I get pure joy out of watching them. I have even made Jones and Just watch some with me as well! If you have DVR I recommend recording them, so you can watch them with no commercials! Pop some popcorn and pour yourself a drink and enjoy!
2. One night put on your christmas pajamas, make some delicious hot cocoa, and pile up in the car with the windows down! Don't forget the blankets! Drive around looking at all the beautiful lights around where you live!
3. Go caroling! I know this is so cliche, but it is cheap, gets you in the spirit, and I am sure it would make someone's night to have some carolers at there door! If you are really feeling like lifting spirits you could carol at your local rest home, or the hospitals in your area! "The best way to spread christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear" -Buddy the Elf!
4. Bake and decorate sugar cookies, and take them to your neighbors and friends!
5. Find a family, friend, or someone in need of service during the holiday season, and lend them a hand! Together as a family you could decide on who you want it to be, and what you want to do for them. i.e. help put up christmas lights, clean there house, babysit for a young mom who needs to get christmas shopping done, and so much more!
Remember that this time of year is so much more than swiping your card! It is about giving, being with the ones you love, and making memories with Holiday traditions that will last a life time. If we are all too preoccupied with the amount of money we are spending, we will miss out on so many wonderful moments that this "Most wonderful time of the year" can bring!
What about you? What are your favorite Holiday traditions? Would love to hear from you in the comments below!