HOW TO HELP WITH THE DREADFUL MORNING SICKNESS
Everyone knows, whether you have been pregnant or not, the first trimester of pregnancy SUCKS! Pregnant women, including myself ask themselves and others all the time, what can I do to help morning sickness?! Or "ALL DAY" sickness as I like to call it!
This is now my third pregnancy, and I feel as though I have learned a couple tricks to help that oh so long first 17-20 weeks in my case. Disclaimer...nothing makes me feel completely normal...just helps!
- This one that my doctor suggested is really why I believe this pregnancy has been a little bit easier. I take a prenatal vitamin and half a unison (sleeping aid) every night. Some people may think this is crazy...but it has worked! With my previous pregnancies I had to take Zofran every day, multiple times a day, just to keep my lunch from coming up. This pregnancy I have not taken one!
- When I wake up in the morning I try...as much as possible to chill in my bed for a couple minutes and even eat something if possible. I keep dry cereal next to my bed in order to get something in my stomach first thing.
- CHEESE! Yes you heard me right, cheese is my saving grace during the first trimester. It's a snack that I can tolerate and keeps me full for a decent amount of time.
- 6 small meals instead of 3 larger ones. If I can keep my stomach filled, I feel queasy less.
- Keeping hydrated, drinking water or any healthy fluids makes me feel better.
- Having everything done around the house (laundry, dinner, straighten the house, homework) by 4, that's when the sickness hits me hard!
- Avoid cooking anything strong smelling, cold food and crackers for every meal for me. I sit outside sometimes if I cook the kids anything.
- Get to bed early, think thats an obvious one!
- No perfume, or any fragrant lotions.
- Finally... ICE CHIPS!
Pregnancy is not my favorite thing, but I am thankful every day that I am able to have children when so many around me can not. The baby in your arms at the end of it all...ALL WORTH IT!