Behind the Scenes of a Blogger
We often get asked how on Earth we juggle the blog, working and being a mom. Let me tell you it is not easy, though it may come off that way to viewers! I have come up with 5 behind the scenes realities when it comes to being a mom blogger!
1. Photoshoots are probably the worst thing in the world...if my kids are there! Yes we may get 1, 2 if we are lucky of our kids not screaming their heads off to post. The other behind the scenes 200 are a joke! Sometimes I am actually amazed at how many we get with the chaos that is going. Not to mention it is like 110+ every day here right now. At least in the cooler months we can go to a park to shoot and they can play...not the case these days!
2. Time is a constant thing I am trying to find. You are constantly worrying have I spent enough time with my children today or WAY too much time working?! Most of my behind the scenes blogging happens after my kids go to bed, it works the best for me. My husband and I will watch our shoes and eat treats, while I work and he studies (sometimes :)) My kids sleep in really well, so I also will get up an hour before them and answer emails or finish a blog post if needs be.
3. But what about all the free stuff you get?! Yes, this is definitely one of the perks of blogging, we do get a lot of free stuff, but we also have to research, and then blog and/or review it.
4. I need another bedroom/closet, this may seem petty, but in order to remember what I have to shoot and what I already have shot, I leave the clothes I need to shoot in the doorway of my closet. As you can imagine this becomes very difficult when trying to get in and out of your closet! Half the time my boys end up pulling everything down! Not to mention the large stacks of "stuff" on my "throw everything here counter" that I "think" no one can see in my kitchen behind the scenes. (My husband LOVES it!)
5. Comparing yourself with other bloggers, I know, it's dumb, but it happens. I feel as though you are always trying to reach a new goal. We set goals, we meet them, then we feel as though it's not good enough. Set new goals! To be honest this is a good thing, and I suppose I wouldn't want it any other way. But as a blogger I need to remember that I am doing the best that I can do...and that's what matters!
Now the you have read my sob story, I want our readers to know, that I really actually love blogging and its behind the scenes and learn to love it more each day. Yes it can be hard and frustrating at times, but what job isn't??? There are so many perks to blogging, I get to stay home with my kids each day, I do get free stuff, and I have met some amazing people! Cheers to it almost being the weekend!
What about you blogger? Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments below!