8 THINGS I WISHED I WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHEN I STARTED BLOGGING
Can you believe it... we have been blogging for a year! This has been the best learning experience and can't believe how far we have come. Below are so things I wish I would have known when we started blogging!
- Make sure the name of your blog is something you love and could keep potentially forever, if it is extremely narrowed down to one topic that will make it difficult to alter your blog later on if you wanted to.
- Schedule, schedule, schedule, I can't emphasize this enough. As soon as we started scheduling ahead what we would blog about each week our lived became a lot easier. We actually plan by months now, and that can be a daunting task when you think about it, but in the end SO much easier.
- Networking! I have said this so many times before, but I truly feel that's why we are where we are today. Without the help of other bloggers and people in our same niche we would not be where we are. We are all in this together, why not help one another out.
- Quality photos are a must! When we started blogging we were really trying to use our own photos, I now look back and almost want to laugh at our old photos! People like to look at pretty things, so make sure your pictures are PRETTY! If you are talented with a camera, even better, if not...you may have to higher a photographer! Look around though, you would be surprised how many people are willing to trade!
- PATIENCE... blogging is not easy! I think in the beginning we thought we would just take off and be making money within the month...NOT TRUE! It definitely takes time, I remember many established bloggers saying they finally noticed that all the work they were doing was paying off around the year mark, and I have to say I am beginning to believe them. Within the last couple months we have really started to notice an incline in blog views, sponsorships and contacts in general.
- Sponsorships are not going to be knocking on your door. We realized very quickly that we had to reach out to WAY more companies in the beginning in order to feel like we were actually accomplishing anything! Guess what...that's ok! We met tons of people, made a name for ourselves and have kept a good relationship with many of those companies. You have to start somewhere...
- Pinterest and Tailwind are your best friends! As fashion bloggers, blog views can be hard to receive. Why would anyone want to go to your blog when they can look at your picture on Instagram and get all the outfit details right there from Liketoknowit? That's where Pinterest and Tailwind come into play...they do all the posting for you in order to get people going to your blog. If your not signed up for Tailwind...DO IT!
- Lastly, blogging is whatever you make it. If I want it to be a part time job, great, if I want to make more money, you can do that to. In order to make money though you do have to put a lot of effort in. Blogging as a mom has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. I am able to spend time with my kids and be home, while making money on the side.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us in this journey, it wasn't easy...but we wouldn't change a thing!
[show_shopthepost_widget id="2099499"] a Rafflecopter giveaway